Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Finish What You Start

Today's theme: Finish What You Start. I'm one of those people who has 20-30 new great ideas a year for inventions, products, and new solutions to solve old problems. Man, do I LOVE a fresh idea! I get so excited about some of those ideas I can't help but start sketching out how to make the idea come to be, start researching, gathering resources, and putting my plans into motion. Some ideas work out just dandy, some fizzle away, some just come to a great big thud, and others - I just didn't finish what I started. Sigh.

When you don't finish what you start you can't help but wonder about what might have been had you just kept your nose to the grindstone. More great ideas die in the woulda-coulda-shoulda zone than they do in Washington, D.C.

True, you can't always follow every single idea that pops into your head to it's absolute conclusion. If this were the case, 1/2 of the population would be either rock stars, firemen, basketball stars, and/or U.S. Presidents. We should always keep dreaming, but lighten up knowing that some ideas are just not meant to be. Still, just think how many really great ideas could actually change your life and others for the better if just followed through from the start. That's a lot to wrap your head around, but really think about it:

what ideas or projects do you tinker with in your head, but just never seem to get it together to follow through to their conclusion?

One of my favorite ideas for invention is the ever elusive Jet Pack. Where is my jet pack?! As a kid, I just knew that by the turn of the 21st Century, we'd all be buzzing about the airwaves with our ultra cool jet packs. Wonderful idea, just never seemed to quite get off the ground (pun intended). In the meantime, I remain grateful that even greater ideas were, in fact, followed through and continue to make immense contributions to humankind. For example, the inventions of the polio vaccine, the airplane, the telephone, the computer; the U.S. Constitution, abolishment of slavery in the U.S., and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Are you on the verge of changing your life -- or the world -- with a great idea or project that you've started but just can't seem to finish?

CLICK HERE NOW for a self-hypnosis program that will help you to start finishing what you start.

No comments: