Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Escape from the Planet Hilton

I have these friends who are head over heels in love with all things Maserati. They've even formed something of a fraternal order - which actually includes a few women for balance. They call themselves the Alpha Maserati 7 Order of MojoRizing, a.k.a. Groove Masters of the Digital Universe. Okay, so they're a wee bit on the eccentric side of the go get 'em spectrum. But you know what I like about these guys and gals? They remain true to their highest standards, and what it takes to make their true dreams come true.

To them, Maserati embodies excellence and a passion for excellence. I know as much about what goes into the makings of an exquisite Maserati as I do about putting together a NASA Space Shuttle. It's all rocket science to me. But as I listen to them go on about the mastery of Maserati I can't help but enjoy them enjoying their passion for excellence. These are folks that are passionate about many things in life. It just happens that Maserati is their initial communal tie.

Maserati inspires them to pursue the very best in every area of their lives. The craftsmanship, the engineering, the feeling of the ride of the Maserati or the very idea of Maserati represents their Gold Standard.

A Gold Standard to which I aspire to realize? Necker Island. Necker Island is a caribbean spot owned by Sir Richard Branson, the billionaire founder of Virgin Records and Airlines. Why? To me it represents the pinnacle of a serene, incredibly beautiful, pamper-filled Shangri-La. A vacation getaway could not get any better than spending two weeks on Necker Island. The Hilton it ain't.

The pursuit to afford a 5+ star visit to Necker Island is half the fun. Planning and working my plan to actualize my visualization of a soon well deserved break on Necker Island keeps me focused on what I really want, and what I must do to make it happen. Not a day goes by without me seeing myself bathing in the sun, then enjoying a 90 minute full body massage on Necker Island. I can smell the sea salt kissed balmy air. I can taste the tropical meals. I can feel the soft touch of the fresh linens on my bed against my skin as I lay asleep in the most beautiful room overlooking the beach.

Owning a Maserati or a lounging about in a suite on Necker Island is not the end all, be all in life. There are more personally meaningful pursuits that I and the members of the Maserati Order hold. It is our active pursuit of our dreams and ideals as absolutely attainable that is most important.

Having a Gold Standard keeps you from settling for less than you want or deserve.
Visualizing your yourself attaining your own highest ideals is essential for living your life on purpose.


The Groove Masters of the Digital Universe have a special motto:

See it. Achieve it. Drive it on Home. Rinse. Repeat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for turning me on to the Dream Manifesto. You got me thinking about my standards, and Dream Manifesto is a great way to stay focused on obtaining my higher standards and goals. Like your blog! David from Ohio