Sunday, May 4, 2008

Stop and Smell the.....Moss Phlox


Whoa!

This is a photo of a naturally grown and bountiful field of what's known as moss phlox in a Japanese park. I just had to share.

Seeing something as beautiful as this should remind us on many a less than perfect day that there remain simple wonders in the world that at their very sight, can lift our spirits.

I don't know about you, but I am now inspired that someday I'd like to be able to walk among the moss phlox in Japan. I'll just put that on my list of 150 things to do before I die. Whether or not I actually make it to the swirling fields of pink to purple to lavender phlox, I will remain optimistic at the prospect. Against all odds concerning the effects of global warning, I will remain optimistic that the moss phlox fields will be attended to and cared for by caregivers while I make my way there.

Optimism is important to our health and well-being
. Cynics lead us to believe that optimism is nothing more than denying the brutal realities of life. To cynics, the glass is always half-empty. To the optimist, the glass is not only half full, but nearly spilling over with endless possibilities!

What are you truly optimistic about? What motivates you to stop and smell the moss phlox?

No comments: